Month two of my wrap-up series. So far I really think I’ll enjoy doing them if I manage to keep the pressure out of them. They also really help me keep track of my efforts because I definitely didn’t recognize I wrote four queer book reviews.
- Queer Books Reviews in September 2022
- Memes and Discussions from a Queer POV in September 2022
- Bookish Reflections for September 2022
Queer Books Reviews in September 2022
There weren’t a lot of reviews this month – or so I thought before listing them.
- Review: WALK by Jonathon Stalls
My DNF review of queer nonfiction book WALK is a tiny bit rant-y.
- Review: Contract Season by Cait Nary
Contract Season reads more like a contemporary country music romance than a queer Queer IceHockey Romance to be honest.
- Review: On the Wings of a Hummingbird by Susan Mills
Queer Contemporary Drama On the Wings of a Hummingbird featuring a lesbian PoC girl from Guatemala left me struggling to connect.
- Review: Flipping by R. Lee Fryar
It’s been a long time since a queer book made me roll my eyes this hard but paranormal romance Flipping managed it effortlessly.
Memes and Discussions from a Queer POV in September 2022
- Book Blogger Hop: Queer Books in Bookstores
- Top Ten Tuesday: Queer Books I own in multiple copies
- Let’s Talk Bookish: Tips for newbie book bloggers
- Let’s Talk Bookish: Quit Book Blogging
Bookish Reflections for September 2022
There were a few posts I wanted to write but ended up not writing because other responsibilities were demanding my attention – and that’s okay. There will be months I’m all about blogging and others will be filled with work or working on my mental health. I guess this ties a little bit into my entry for the Let’s Talk Bookish freebie, now that I think about it.
Right now my book Blogging BuJo is still a “true” Bullet Journal, meaning I’m keeping it in a notebook. My other BuJo – basically my everyday life planner – moved back into a Filofax. So I might move the book blogging notes into that one as well since there is way more room to plan everything compared to a normal notebook.
Either way, I’ve decided to prepare 2023 as early as possible and to introduce you to my Book Blogging Bullet Journal that way. Stay tuned, I guess?
What’s your favourite piece you’ve published and/or read this month? Let me know and link to it in the comments!
Categories: Blog Insights, Insights
Leave a Reply