Every once in a while I kind of remember Top Ten Tuesday by That Artsy Reader Girl and check out the upcoming prompts. And then I want to commit to blogging about the themes if they spark something in me. But I was really unsure if I’m feeling up to this considering what is currently happening in Europe and especially the Ukraine.
But you know what? Maybe you need something to take your mind off for an hour or two. I know I need to take my mind of the situation an hour here and there instead of watching the news nonstop from waking up to going to bed. I bascially spend the last few days like that.
So. Maybe the following queer books can help you escape reality for a little while. You might’ve seen them on my Goodreads feeds but as far as I can remember I haven’t talked about them on this blog yet.
How to Tame a Dragon
by Lila Mina
- older pan MC and older genderfluid LI
- Japanese Mythology (among others) in modern context
- same universe as my beloved temper series
The House in the Cerulean Sea
by TJ Klune
- pudgy MC and kinda dad LI
- found magical family with all the feels
- thought-provoking and fun
Seducing the Sorcerer
by Lee Welch
- old and grumpy MC and dark and kinda fluffy LI
- a different take on magical abilites
- new to me author
I’m sensing a theme here: magic.
Which books are you using to escape reality at the moment?